Published on 7 Sep 2018 A woman asks for clarification with respect to creation and non-causality.
So much of my spiritual inquiry has been around this very question for so long, and here I find a beautifully, precisely articulated pointing, one to share for sure….
These were some of the highlights for me:
- EVERYTHING IS REAL; there is a reality to an apparent object, but one (object) is a limited version of the other (awareness) My first yoga teacher often expressed this; however, I had no clarity of its essence at the time.
- There is ONLY eternal infinite AWARENESS.
- All experience is REAL – but not all experience is what it appears to be.
- ILLUSION and NON-EXISTENCE are NOT the same. Illusion: It’s there, but it’s not really what it appears to be (matter). Non-Existence: something that does NOT exist; i.e., a square circle – utterly non-existent, we can’t even visualize it.
- The ONLY Being that there IS is the screen of awareness: No independently existing thing stands out from awareness with its own being.
- When these teachings are wrongly interpreted this can lead to a life-denying point of view. Then they appear to be very nihilistic from the point of view of the separate self.
- From the Bhagavad Gita: What is sleep for the SAGE (awareness) is waking for the IGNORANT (mind). What is sleep for the IGNORANT (mind) is waking for the SAGE (awareness).
- Can awareness remain awake while the mind awakens? YES, it’s called LUCID waking; i.e.; John Smith can play King Lear while still knowing John Smith.
Final Thoughts: I’m learning to play “Janet” much better lately. Less attachment to the suffering. More freedom, more trust.
I continue to perceive and believe that this individual inner work (self inquiry) is how we are meant to find our way into a more conscious planet.